asterisk is Assiniboine Credit Union’s blog*. Here you’ll find advice, insights, resources and inspiration that will help you improve your financial well-being. You’ll also see ideas about how to contribute positively to the social, economic and environmental health of your community.
This is the place to be if you:
- want to help build thriving, sustainable communities.
- want to make the most of your money and achieve your personal goals.
- believe in supporting local businesses and organizations.
- believe in creating hope and opportunity for all.
- want to be a catalyst for change.
* We all know what an asterisk means: there’s more to read. In the same way, there’s more to ACU than being a credit union. We care about more than finances, and know you do too. So stick around and keep reading.
About Assiniboine Credit Union
If you’ve been thinking that there has to be more to a financial institution than just a place to do your banking, then look no further.
As a socially responsible co-operative, our core purpose – our mission – is to provide financial services for the betterment of our members, employees and communities. We are driven by the vision of a world where financial services in local communities contribute to a sustainable future for all.
Guided by our values of integrity, accountability, diversity and inclusion, service and co-operation, we act in the best interests of our members, employees, communities and the environment.
In living our values, we embrace the International Co-operative Principles and the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) Principles of Sustainable Finance.
The triple bottom line of people, planet and prosperity† is at the heart of how we do business, and we actively use financial services for good.
We believe that values-based banking contributes to long-term business success and helps build a better world for all.
† Prosperity encompasses profit, but is a broader concept that emphasizes long-term economic well-being and sustainable profitability. It discourages pursuit of short-term profit at the expense of people and the environment.